List:       ms-dcom
Subject:    ~3min delay w/DNS enabled for Win95 DCOM client
From:       Thuong Van Le <tvle () KODAK ! COM>
Date:       1999-04-30 16:17:32

From: Thuong V Le

Hi Everyone,

I've developed a DCOM server component running on NT and some of my clients
access that component from a Windows95 laptop connected either directly
from serial cable to the NT box or through a modem.  The problem is that if
the laptops have DNS enabled with search IPs enterred, there is a ~3 minute
delay on the very first CCIEx() call.  The network is not connected since a
serial or modem connection is used.  Subsequent calls are fast (probably
due to caching).  Everything works as designed after the delay.  Does
anyone have any ideas on a clean solution for this problem?  The "you have
to disable DNS while using this DCOM component" answer somehow doesn't seem
to be floating too well...some people are so picky...  I've tried hardware
profiles on the Windows95 machine but that doesn't work either...Please
help!

--Thanks
T.Le