List:       ms-dcom
Subject:    Re: ATL 1.1 DLL Dependency
From:       Jean-Pierre Thibodeau <jpthib () M3ISYSTEMS ! QC ! CA>
Date:       1996-10-31 15:27:40

Vilas,

I've struggled with the same problem a few weeks ago. I think that ATL =
as moved the registration functionality to a separate DLL to keep each =
ActiveX controls as small as possible. If you're redistributing a COM =
application (or DLL) based on ATL, you should statically link the =
registrar functions with your module.

The file d_rgstry.htm from ATL documentation explains how to do it in =
the section "Setting Up a Static Link to the Registrar Code (C++ only)"

Jean-Pierre Thibodeau
M3I Systems Inc.
jpthib@m3isystems.com