List:       ms-dcom
Subject:    "Interface not registered" error on Windows 95.
From:       Dong Xiang <xiang_dong () ISUS ! EMC ! COM>
Date:       1996-10-31 22:56:14

        I have written a simple DCOM object thru ATL1.1. It has a user
interface called ISimple. The DCOM object is running on an NT 4.0 workstation
as a service.

My client program works fine on the same machine. However, when I run the
client on a Windows95 machine, it always gives me an error (80040155)
"Interface not registered" for ISimple. It works fine with IUnknown.

On the server side, the ATL does self registration. Do I need run some
registration thru scripts or any utility on the client side?