List:       ms-dcom
Subject:    Re: DCOM and VB4
From:       Mark Ryland <markry () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1996-10-30 16:55:59

>> Best way to deal with security (until you really need it) is to log on
>> to a domain account that is a local admin on both client and server
>> machines.
>>
>This is a good advice, but how I can do it the right way, for the user who
>is not an administrator?  Is any information about this subject available
>from Microsoft?

Please read the archives of this list
(http://microsoft.ease.lsoft.com/archives/dcom.html), the various issues
have been discussed ad infinitum.  See also most notably the security
FAQ published by Charlie Kindel,
http://microsoft.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9610D&L=dcom&D=&H=&
T=&O=&F=&P=1837.

Mark Ryland
Senior Technical Evangelist, DRG/BackOffice
Microsoft Corp.
markry@microsoft.com