List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: CPAcquireContext and Client Authentication
From:       Eric Perlin <ericperl () WINDOWS ! MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2004-01-21 3:52:12

It looks like explorer is taking an exception when it closes.
Running IE under a debugger should confirm this. It's pretty likely that
this is an access violation.

If you can only reproduce with your CSP, couple possible culprits are:
* the exception occurs in the DllMain of dynamically loaded library (a
CSP?)
* some heap or stack corruption occurred earlier. Various tools exist to
detect these.

Hope this helps

Eric Perlin [MS]