List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    SCARD_E_SERVICE_STOPPED and remote desktop
From:       Miro Masnoglav <miro.masnoglav () ADACTA ! SI>
Date:       2003-11-26 10:49:24

We developed CSP which runs OK with IE, Outlook, OE, and logon on win2000
and later. We found following problematic sequence on XP SP1:

1. Logon on XP A with smart card works fine.
2. Logon on XP A from XP B with Remote desktop. XP A are locked and Remote
Desktop session on XP B is started.
3. Unlock XP A with inserting SC is successful, but then Resource Manager is
shut down. I don't know why.
4. All subsequent calls to CSP failed with SCARD_E_SERVICE_STOPPED, so
restart is required to logon with SC again.
5. After that situation is very similar to very well archived
SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE error - Smart Card service looks started , but  it
doesn't work.
Any ideas why this happen?
What I'm doing wrong?
Is this the same problem with default SC CSPs : Gemplus, Schlumberger ?

Thx for any help in advance

Miro Masnoglav
Software Developer
direct:+386 1 548 38 44

ADACTA d.o.o.
Leskoškova 9d, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

tel.:+386 (1) 548 38 00, fax:+386 (1) 548 39 00

Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner