List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Can 'keyspec' of a certificates key be changed.
From:       "Ramkumar. R" <ramkumar_r () ATC ! TCS ! CO ! IN>
Date:       2003-09-02 13:52:14

Hi,

I have generated  a PKCS#10 request (via CAPI etc.) with keyspec as
AT_SIGNATURE.
I enrolled a certificate for the reqest. Can I now change the keyspec to
AT_KEYEXCHANGE? So that
I can do signing and encryption/decryption. The key usages in the
certificates are there for both the purpose.

But since I generated it using AT_SIGNATURE I am not able to use it for
decryption.

I tried to set this by calling
CertSetCertificateContextProperty(pCert,CERT_KEY_SPEC_PROP_ID,0,&vData); //
vData = AT_KEYEXCHANGE.

But this setting is not persisting.

please help.

regards