List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: WinVerifyTrust limitations with IE4?
From:       Tim Anderson <TimA () PREDATOR-SOFTWARE ! COM>
Date:       2003-04-29 22:57:26

<quote>
Tim -- I highly recommend your base line include  5.0 or better;
</quote>

It's not my choice. We personally baseline at IE5.5. The customer, "A Major
Manufacturing Company" has been so burnt by the Microsoft upgrade juggernaut
that they put a kibosh on all upgrades for EVERY SINGLE MICROSOFT PRODUCT
FOREVER. They will NEVER spend another dime on ANY Microsoft product EVER
AGAIN. They are using and will remain using the software they had purchased
up to this particular line in the sand. Unfortunately at the time this was
done they were stuck at IE4.

They are rolling their entire corporation world wide over to "something
else." The manufacturing plant itself, which I am working with, will receive
all retired hardware from all divisions of this company to replace any PC
hardware and/or software that needs replacing for the forseeable future.

I told them the upgrade to IE5.5 was free and included with our stuff. They
told me politely that they have spent two years getting their current
systems stable and will never upgrade them.

Gotta love the manufacturing industry.

Tim
tima@predator-software.com