List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: (U) Flushing the CRL cache
From:       Joe Steele <steele () ADOBE ! COM>
Date:       2003-01-09 18:13:27

OCSP has a lot of advantages, but unless you are installing a new
security subsystem on an end-user system, you cannot rely on it being
available. CRL checking is built into the OS (at least the ones I have
to deal with). Given that constraint, you want the CRLs you check
against to be as up-to-date as is reasonable.

<snip>
> I think it's beyond the function of the CRL if it's as what
> Loyless said. If you want to get the new revocations in
> time,you can use LDAP or OCSP,that's the right method for
> getting certificate status.
</snip>