List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: CSP type and algorithm
From:       Laszlo Elteto <lelteto () RAINBOW ! COM>
Date:       2002-10-23 16:06:00

I think the Certificate Services will list only RSA_FULL (ie. Type 001) CSPs
to choose from. So if you want it to be used with the CA you need to
register it as Type 001.
Note that you can register a CSP with more than one type (assuming it can
handle all types it is registered for). Of course, you have to give more
than one "name" for your CSP in the Registry (each one associated with one
type). Eg. our CSP is registered both as RSA_FULL and RSA_SCHANEL.
So I think what you need to do is:
- make sure your CSP can work as RSA_FULL.
- register it (with a different name than you are using for your other type)
as Type 001 CSP
- when you install Microsoft Certificate Services select the Advanced
options
- you should be able to select your CSP as the provider
If I'm wrong with something here I hope Microsoft will correct me...

Laszlo Elteto
Fellow Scientist
Rainbow Technologies, Inc.