List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    low level detached signature
From:       Claudio Estatico <estatico () DIMA ! UNIGE ! IT>
Date:       2002-10-14 14:46:42

Hallo everybody, I need an information about detached signature, which I do
not find it previously mentioned in the listy.

The question is the following one.

Can I change a detached PKCS#7 signed message into a not detached signed
message (I mean "without re-make the sign") by using CryptoAPI ?
I think that it is possible with regard to ASN.1 parsing of the PKCS#7
message, but I don't know how it shoul be done.

I try to

1) directly open the message with CryptMsgOpenToDecode(),
2) update the message with both the PKCS#7 detached signature and the
content ( by using CryptMsgUpdate() ),
3) and finally obtain the signed not-detached PKCS#7 by CryptMsgGetParam()
with
CMSG_CONTENT_PARAM (or CMSG_ENCODED_PARAM) flag

but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

TIA

Claudio Estatico