List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    CertVerifyRevocation function
From:       "Carucci, Giuseppe" <Giuseppe.Carucci () GETRONICS ! COM>
Date:       2002-09-13 9:41:46

I'm using the CertVerifyRevocation function for testing a certificate issued by a \
UniCERT CA. In the certificate is the CDP extension, a string LDAP to an online \
directory to find the CRL. The function return FALSE, but the flag dwError of the \
CERT_REVOCATION_STATUS struct is always 8 (ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY). Where is the \
problem? The CRL is 132k in size, is this a problem?

When I have used  the same CertVerifyRevocation function to testing other two \
certificates, one without CDP and one with a CDP to a offline directory, the dwError \
is CRYPT_E_NO_REVOCATION_CHECK, and this is correct in my opinion.

Can anyone to help me?

Thanks

Regards,
Giuseppe

Extract of my code is:

DWORD dwCertEncodingType = X509_ASN_ENCODING;
DWORD dwRevType = CERT_CONTEXT_REVOCATION_TYPE;
DWORD cContext =1;
PVOID rgpvContext[1];
DWORD dwFlags = NULL;
CERT_REVOCATION_PARA pRevPara;
PCERT_REVOCATION_STATUS pRevStatus;
CERT_REVOCATION_STATUS pRevStatus;
BOOL fResult = FALSE;

pRevStatus.cbSize= sizeof(CERT_REVOCATION_STATUS);

pRevPara.cbSize = sizeof(CERT_REVOCATION_PARA);
pRevPara.pIssuerCert = pSignerCertContext;

rgpvContext[0] = (VOID *) pSignerCertContext;      'MY CERTIFICATE TO TESTING

fResult= CertVerifyRevocation(
           dwCertEncodingType,
           dwRevType,
           cContext,
           rgpvContext,
           dwFlags,
           NULL,
           &pRevStatus);

if (!fResult) {
        cout<< "Error"<< endl
        Testing of the pRevStatus struct
}
else {
        cout<< "OK"<< endl;
}

         Giuseppe Carucci
         PKI Application Consultant
         I.D.I. - Security Practice

         Getronics S.p.A.
         SS 271 - KM 8,3 - Contrada La Marchesa
         70020 Bitritto (BA)
         Italy
         Tel. +39 80 3855370
         Mob. +39 348 0719005
         Fax +39 80 6352089
         www.getronics.it

        The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may \
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, \
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action in reliance upon this \
information by persons and/or entities other than the intended recipient is \
prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee \
immediately and delete the material.  Thank you.