List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: about CPGetProvParam
From:       Laszlo Elteto <lelteto () RAINBOW ! COM>
Date:       2002-08-22 15:23:42

PP_KEYX_KEYSIZE_INC and PP_SIG_KEYSIZE_INC tells only what INCREMENTS (in
bits) you can get key sizes. For RSA a typical value is 64 bits, but a CSP
may set it to 512 bits (eg. if it supports only 512, 1024, 1536 and 2048
bits). To get the minimum and maximum keysize for a given algorithm you have
to use PP_ENUMALGS_EX in GetProvParam. See the documentation...

Laszlo Elteto
Fellow Scientist
Rainbow Technologies, Inc.