List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: WinTrust
From:       Carlos Lopez <clopez () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2002-06-20 16:20:14

The answer is yes to both questions.

Carlos

-----Original Message-----
From: yukari miyazawa [mailto:myukari@ISS.ISL.MELCO.CO.JP]=20
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 6:05 AM
To: CryptoAPI@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM
Subject: WinTrust

Hi all.

  I have some questions of WinTrust functions.

  My understanding is that the certification path processing, i.e. the
  validation of certificates, consists of two phases.

  The first one is the construction of certification path, and another
  is the validation of constructed certification path.

  Q1: Does WinTrust perform both the certification path construction
      and the certification path validation ?

  Q2: Does WinTrust also perform the verification of digital signature
      at the same time ?

Thank you.