List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Really long CryptAcquireContext
From:       Dale Gustafson <dale.gustafson () BPSI ! NET>
Date:       2002-01-18 15:02:41

Hi Christian,

I recall encountering similar symptoms while testing a 3rd party CSP.

A long (~120 sec) pause can occur whenever a thread acquires then forgets to
release a mutex, for example.  I think the 2 minutes is an os default time value
-- appears the system stops (kills?) a faulty thread and lets waiting threads
run, etc. if it tries to keep a mutex forever.

Not sure if this is happening to you, obviously.

HTH.

Best Regards,

Dale Gustafson
Security Consultant