List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    How to use CertOpenStore() for a win 2000 service application..??
From:       Aslam <aslam () FUNK ! COM>
Date:       2001-11-13 14:52:00

Hi,

I added some certs to the system certificate store for a service, using mmc
and then adding snap in for certificates and then chossing services.. The
added certificates go to
HKLM\software\microsoft\cryptography\servives\ur_service_name\systemcertific
ates\my, root, ca etc..

My question is how to open this certificate store using CertOpenStore()
API.. My application is a win 2000 service application an dwhen I do a
CertOpenStore with CERT_STORE_PROV_SYSTEM and
CERT_SYSTEM_STORE_CURRENT_SERVICE as parameters to CertOpenStore.. its
failing.. Can any one tell me how to open that store... I'm able to open it
using the registry HKEY.. but since then I'll be reffering it as a physical
store insted of a cert collection.. so later it microsoft decides to put the
cert store for a service somewhere.. my this scheme won't work..

Thanks
Aslam