List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: CAPICOM (Signing and Hashing)
From:       Daniel Sie <dsie () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2001-04-27 21:33:44

Hi Leonardo,

There is a CAPICOM@discuss.microsoft.com discussion alias for CAPICOM
questions. Click http://discuss.microsoft.com/archives/capicom.html to
join.

The signed object returns the entire PKCS 7, not just the signature.
PKCS 7 contains a lot more information that is necessary to later verify
the signature. One thing you can do to reduce the size by a bit is to
use detached signature, in which case the content itself will not be
included in the PKCS 7.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Sie