List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Smart card logon problem
From:       Miro Masnoglav <miro.masnoglav () ADACTA ! SI>
Date:       2000-12-18 11:13:22

I have few WIN2000 SC logon questions. We have SC CSP based on MULTOS smart card
with our application on it. Our CSP works fine with IE and Outlook.

1) When I tried smart card logon with smart card CryptVerifyContext failed.
Calling applications are lsass.exe(logon) or winlogon.exe(unlock)
Function parameters are:
CryptVerifyContext(&hProv,"\\.\GEMPLUS GCR410P 1\",MS_ENHANCED_PROV,                  \
PROV_RSA_FULL, CRYPT_MACHINE_KEYSET|CRYPT_SILENT) Function fails because he can't \
find "\\.\GEMPLUS GCR410P 1\" key container.  GEMPLUS GCR410P 1 is reader name where \
card is inserted. Question is how to create this container properly? I can create it \
from my user account but obviously it must be created from system account because the \
same error message appears.

2) How to import Verify PIN functionality into our smart card CSP?
3) How to associate user account with certificate?

Thanks for any help

Regards Miro