List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Detecting smart card removal/insertion
From:       Acron_Telecomunicações_e_Informática
Date:       2000-11-17 11:02:01

Thank you all, Eric, Kevin and Vincent.
I will try to use ScardGetStatusChange with a timer or a thread.

Regards,
Janine.

========================
From: Vincent SABARD <V.SABARD@OBERTHURCS.COM>
To: CryptoAPI@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM
srv5-bra.bra.terra.com.br id GAA32243

hi Janine,

Developping a custom CSP, I made an automaticaaly detection of a smart card
using
a timer. You can create it with the SetTimer Api functions: you can specifie
a timeout value
and a timer procedure to call after timeout ellapsed(in which you can detect
your card) or NULL if you want to intercept urself the message
in a dialog box for instance.
Another possibility is the use of threads.