List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    second round of session key creation in SSL
From:       yoav <redler2 () NETVISION ! NET ! IL>
Date:       2000-08-28 10:21:00

We have written an SChannel CSP and are debugging it. In some sites it works
well. In Amazon, for example, there is what looks like a second process of
generating session keys after the first process has succeeded. We don't get
the same results for this round as the MS CSP. It seems like the second
round starts off from the formation of a new MasterKey. Does anyone know
what's going on there? Should we use the former PreMasterKey to create a new
MasterKey and session keys? or, instead, use the old MasterKey to create the
new session keys? In other words, what data should be used from the previous
handshake session?
Help will be greatly appreciated.