List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: 8009001d Error
From:       Dan Griffin <dangriff () EXCHANGE ! MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2000-07-30 6:23:56

Jose,

That error is NTE_PROVIDER_DLL_FAIL and may be caused by your CSP being
incorrectly registered.  Information on this can be found in
"Registering the CSP" in the Platform SDK docs.  Also, make sure your
CSP dll can be found by LoadLibrary and that you've provided all of the
required CSP entry points (otherwise GetProcAddress will fail and
CryptAcquireContext will set the above error code).

Dan