List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: A new Microsoft security bulletin and the OffloadModExpo func
From:       Alan Ramsbottom <ACR () ALS ! CO ! UK>
Date:       2000-04-14 13:35:24

> From: Microsoft Security Response Center [mailto:secure@MICROSOFT.COM]

> 1) The vulnerability exists solely because of incorrect permissions
> on a registry key, and exists only in Windows NT 4.0.

Could you please clarify that last point? Between the bulletin and the faq
this comes across as a vulnerability affecting the current MS base CSPs
under NT4, whereas Sergio has asserted (twice now) and I agree that the
OffloadModExpo functionality isn't obviously present in any MS CSPs other
than under W2K.

-Alan-