List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Are there bad RSA key lengths in CAPI?
From:       Richard Bondi <richardbondi () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2000-03-31 4:02:08

With a modulus of 512, 1024, and 2048 I can export and import thousands of
session keys (both derived and underived) with the enhanced provider,
without mishap.

However, when I try intermediate RSA key sizes (in increments of 8 bits), I
get random failures on cryptimportkey, and eventually a crash -- the error
for the crash varies, so I suspect I'm running out of RAM somewhere. But I
can't find a memory leak (e.g. forgot to release a handle), and like I
said, everything works great with the above sizes.

520 is a good example of a key size that produces erratice behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does everyone else have problems
importing and exporting a session key with a 520 bit RSA exchange key.

In practice I can't see this actually mattering, but...

TIA,
Richard Bondi