List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: New To Certificates
From:       Anders Hansson <anders () POSTWEB ! NET>
Date:       2000-01-28 11:11:44

Actually, when using the Windows 2000 Smart card Logon feature, it states that
the certificate should be stored on the smart card. And also in general if one
wants to use the smart card as a carrier for ones personal certificate as an
identity of who you are. The certificate combined with the secret private key
also stored on the card can prove that you are who you are.

/ Anders