List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Using Java to retrieve certificate info
From:       Santiago Marra <santiago.marra () COGNITAS ! COM>
Date:       1999-12-14 2:06:27

Julie,

        There are two ways (that I can think of) to do this:

        1) write a COM component (in C++) that does what you need, then access
that component from Java using a COM wrapper.

        2) if you want a Java-only solution, you can use J/Direct to call the
appropriate functions directly from your Java application.  In this case
you would define functions such as CertEnumCertificateContextProperties
in your Java application and call them as regular Java functions.  You
may want to look at the J/Direct call builder in Visual J++ to see how
the native functions are defined.

        These methods should work if you're using Visual J++, but I'm not sure
if they're supported in other development environments.  I've personally
used the first method, but not the second.

Regards,

Santiago