List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: CTL
From:       Erin Lazzaro <elazzaro () SYMANTEC ! COM>
Date:       1999-12-13 15:06:30

I believe Outlook Express uses the AddressBook store for end-user certificates.

-Erin Lazzaro
Symantec Corp.

Kenny Fung <kfung@NOVELL.COM> on 12/10/99 19:43:26

Please respond to Microsoft Cryptographic API <CryptoAPI@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM>

To:   CryptoAPI@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM
cc:    (bcc: Erin Lazzaro/LongIS/NY/SYMANTEC)
Subject:  CTL

Hi,

After we explictly trust a certificate in Outlook Express 5, a CTL entry is
added to the "TRUST" certificate store. However, only the hash values of
the certificate is stored in the CTL. Does anybody know where the actual
certificiate is being store? I couldn't find them in the "CA" or "ROOT"
or "Other People" stores.

Thanks,

Kenny Fung