List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: User rights/Registry rights for CAPI
From:       Jeff Spelman <jeffspel () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1999-06-28 20:44:11

David
   CryptoAPI needs to access the registry keys under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults with READ access and needs
FULL access for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\UserKeys.  If Machine
keys are to be used then FULL access is also needed for
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\MachineKeys.
Thanks Jeff