List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    CryptDecrypt error NTE_BAD_DATA
From:       Majid Shahabzi <mshahbazi () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       1999-06-28 15:00:10

I am decrypting a file with 16 bytes of data in it and
the buffer size is 1000, the falg is set to TRUE to
indciate it is the last time.

if (RCRYPT_FAILED(CryptDecrypt(hFileKey, 0, TRUE, 0,
pDecryptBuf, &dwDecryptDataLen))) {
// it fails here
}

I get the NTE_BAD_DATA error. Any ideas why?

I have looked at MSDN, have not got any clues, yet.

Thanks

Mike