List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Direct RSA support
From:       Sanjay Beri <Sanjay.Beri () ESTAMP ! COM>
Date:       1999-06-24 18:11:10

Thanks for your response Andrew.  However, from a previous post on this
newsgroup from Bronislav Kavsan at ire-ma.com in Jan. 1998, it was
stated that their boards/CSP do support direct RSA.  It has been a long
time since then, so I would expect that there are others now who support
this.  I just want to get a list of them (and see which is the fastest).

Also, I was wondering if someone could point me to the MS Enhanced
Provider that supports direct RSA (is it only for Windows 2000 or will
it run on NT 4.0?).  I have both NT 4.0 and Beta 3 of Windows 2000 and
yet cannot find this new dll.  Lastly, are there any special install
instructions or can I just acquire it with MS_ENHANCED_PROV (same as the
old enhanced provider).

Thanks.

Sanjay.

Sanjay,

The Atalla CSP does not allow rsa encrypt/decrypt of raw data.  I don't
know of a csp that encrypt/decrypt stream of data using RSA. If it is
not for problems of licensing, you may be able to use the RSA lib BSAFE
and do what you want really easily.
-andrew