List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    How to protect integrity and authenticity of the
From:       Changwen Liu <changwen.liu () INTEL ! COM>
Date:       1999-02-10 21:13:25

I am planning to extend the functionality of CertOpenStore
via the customized certificate-store-provider function CertDllOpenStoreProv.
This certificate-store-provider function is contained in a DLL and the DLL
is registered by CryptRegisterOIDFunction. My question is how to prevent
the DLL from being tampered. A thrid-party CSP has to be signed by
Microsoft for this purpose. The OS (advapi32.dll) will verify the signature
of the CSP before it is loaded. In parallel, I would like to see the
certificate-store-provider DLL is signed by Microsoft and the OS verifies
this signature. However by reading relavent document, that seems not
what's happening to the certificate-store-provider function DLL. So how
can I add the integrity and authenticity protection to
the certificate-store-provider function DLL if I want to?

Any comments are appreciated.

changwen