List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: BSAFE / CryptoAPI compatibility ?
From:       Glenn Horton <sasdgh () UNX ! SAS ! COM>
Date:       1998-11-20 13:38:38

Roedel Mike wrote...

> I need to verify signatures that were created on an MS platform using the
> enhanced provider (MD5 hash, and CryptSignHash, etc.) on a non-Microsoft
> platform...
>
> Could someone give me a quick primer or pointer(s) on how to use a public
> key generated by Crypto API in a BSAFE product?  Or vice-versa ?

        It is pretty easy. You just need to flip the bits around(big endian
vs. little endian) and feed them into the appropriate functions.

> Or perhaps the correct question is whether or not CAPI's key blob format is
> compatible with BSAFE.

        Yes, you can import/export CAPI's key blobs into/out of
BSAFE. BTDT.

> And why is it that a public key in the registry "looks" different than a
> public key that is exported to a file?
>
>  -- Thanks, Mike

Glenn Horton            SAS Institute Inc.
sasdgh@unx.sas.com      R4306 SAS Campus Dr.
919-677-8000 x6640      Cary, N.C. 27513