List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Form signing in browsers - using the CryptoAPI
From:       Jay Wherley <wherley () IX ! NETCOM ! COM>
Date:       1998-09-22 12:10:09

what i found really helpful in doing this (putting together an activex signed control
that generated a PKCS#7 digitally signed message) was john boyers article on
digital signatures in the june 1998 dr. dobbs. check it out if you can.
to get my pkcs#7 messages to cross verify in netscape and outlook
i had to had to place an "authorized extension" containing the signing time
in the message. (how to do this isn't documented well in Microsoft CAPI imho).
also note that johns article brings up good points/issues on the certificate chain
that might be part of the PKCS#7 message.
jay w.
wherley@ix.netcom.com