List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Cryptographic Instability and the MS Enhanced Provider
From:       Bill Brice <Bill.Brice () IDTRUST ! COM>
Date:       1998-07-28 15:29:24

Sebastien,

It is my understanding Outlook 98 requires a CSP to be
of type 001 and fully compatible with the MS "Base" Provider.
As you are in France, if you have the Microsoft French version
you can't do encryption as it is generally prohibited in France
without a special permit. The MS Enhanced CSP in only available in
the US and Canada.

Bill Brice, Chief PKI Architect
International DataTrust