List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: CAPI and Java
From:       Sam Sorbello salm <salm () ROCH875 ! MC ! XEROX ! COM>
Date:       1998-06-22 4:31:30

<Does anyone have any information or experience with implementing the
<CAPI with Java?

I've been trying to find information, samples,  or anything from Microsoft,
their home page,etc... with no luck except to find out that ActiveX controls are
supposed to work with some Java implementations. But I have not been able to
find anyone who has done work with Java to implement this. I have created
cretificates, signed them,etc... but I am also looking to share the same certs
and sigs across applications...(Great if your a VB programmer ( using InterDev )
or C++ with Visual C++). I would like to have instructions from somewhere or
someone as to how to do this in Java. I have a premier license with Microsoft
here at Xerox but the MSDN is no help for Java...It's as if it wasn't even
supported. There's no documentation that I am aware of except in the CryptoAPI
amd InetSDK which is offered but it is C++ primarily. It comes down with SUN's
java stuff but there is no mention of how to implement it or even if it works
consistently ( or at all ) with Microsoft's stuff.

I joined this discussion group hoping to find someone who has worked on Java.
I've pretty much saved most of the communcations and searched through them but
could find noone who has done work in Java. CryptoAPI pages in the Microsoft
sections skip over any mention of it...as if it doesn't exist. So I would
appreciate some help here as well...I use Visual J++ on an NT4.0 machine.

I have found mention of Microsoft IIS and the Certificate Server but again it's
pretty cryptic for anyone who wants to code in it ( no pun intended.)

Good to hear from someone else with the same problem. I thought I was alone in
this area.