List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Help - desperate plea for help with DES and enhanced provider
From:       Eric Klein <erick () SOFTSHARE ! COM>
Date:       1998-05-22 23:35:40

Hello all,

This is an deperate plea for help.
There seems to be a bug in the enhanced provider when using DES.

If you set the CRYPT_MODE_ECB mode for the key, it behaves just like
it was using the CBC mode of DES. I need to use the ECB mode of DES for
a very small but significant portion of a standard that I am working on.

Microsoft:    I know that somebody reported this bug last June (they
posted a
message to this list then), it there anything I can do? Is there a fix
in the pipeline,
a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Eric Klein