List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Certificate Creation in VB
From:       Dan Shookowsky <shookow () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       1998-05-22 18:54:19

Using the Keith Pleas' ingenious type library, I am now able to create
a certificate request.  Instead of sending the request to Certificate
Server via HTTP, I have referenced the Certificate Client Interfaces
in certcli.dll, this gives me access to Submit and GetCertificate
methods (among others).  I'm embarassed to say that I'm not sure what
to do with the result.

I want to save a file that can be imported into a user's browser, but
I know that IE expects the certificate to have a password.  Do I
encrypt the certificate using the user's password?

I also have the nagging question of what happens when people change
names/offices/hair color/etc.  I assume that I need to place their
certificate in a Certificate Revocation List.  Will this remove the
existing certificate from the browser?

Any help that can be offered is appreciated.

==
--------
Dan Shookowsky, MCSD
shookow@voicenet.com