List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Certificate Enrollement Control (Xenroll) and renewal request
From:       aLUNZ <ascott () SIGNET ! ORG ! AU>
Date:       1998-04-16 21:43:58

In a word... Dang!

We knew that we can write a control to do whatever we wanted (how about an
enrolment control that exports and forwards the private key at the time of
the request? Wouldn't that keep some conspiracy nuts happy!) but we wanted
to avoid doing that.

Xenroll was our preferred control (being Microsoft approved and all that),
and when we started playing it seemed like most of what we needed was there
(UseExistingKeySet property etc.).

It's just a pain that Xenroll does MOST of what we want to do but doesn't
have that last little extra bit to make it work.

So how do other people renew certificates?

aLUNZ