List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: CAPI error NTE_KEYSET_ENTRY_BAD (0x8009001A)
From:       Jeff Spelman <jeffspel () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-03-25 18:22:49

Ferrell
   As other folks on the alias have indicated, the current Microsoft
providers disable encryption/decryption when in France, although hashing and
signing are supposed to still work.  Unfortunately this disabling of
encryption/decryption led to a bug when a key container is stored in the
Microsoft RSA providers, and this bug would cause the error you are seeing.
This bug prevents signing from working in France.  This has been fixed in
the providers which were released with Internet Explorer 4.0 and will be
fixed in all future releases.
Thanks, Jeff