List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Client authentication
From:       Tomaz Klobucar <klobucar () E5 ! IJS ! SI>
Date:       1998-01-30 8:39:53

Hello,

John Banes wrote:
> This is probably okay. Your client certificate was likely issued by a
CA
> that the server does not trust. When the server requests client
> authentication (using SSL3), it sends a list of CAs that it trusts. If
your
> client certificate is not on this list, then IE will not display the
> certificate in the client authentication dialog.

Well, there is a root CA that issued a certificate to another CA that
issued
certificates to a web client (MS IE 4.0) and a web server. The server
trusts
certificates of both CAs, and the client has a root CA's certificate
installed.
Netscape Communicator does not have any problems.

Regards, Tomaz

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]