List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Problem with ie401 and sdk-java.201 security
From:       Carleton Struthers <cstruthe () BAYNETWORKS ! COM>
Date:       1998-01-27 12:58:02

I am posting this here because I have been unable to get results from
Microsoft.

I am running IE4.01 and trying to sign a cab file which contains my applet
using the test trust certificate. The signing goes fine but when I try to
run the applet inside of Explorer I get a propertycheck security Exception
error. This is when I try to access the system.Property "user.dir". I have
tried setting the security to low and also tried to explicitly enable the
system properties using the assertPermission with both PROPERTY and SYSTEM
as the parameter. This did not work. I also tried to check the property
access and the indication was that it was allowed.

Does anyone have any ideas? If more information is needed please let me
know.

carl Struthers
cstruthe@baynetworks.com