List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Decoding PKCS#7 SignedAndEnveloped Message (PKCS7 - 4)
From:       IOpClient <betterh () PRIMENET ! COM>
Date:       1997-10-29 0:33:11

All,

I am trying to decode a PKCS#7 signedAndEnveloped message, and when using
CryptDecryptAndVerifyMessageSignature or CryptDecodeMessage i receive an
error 80091004. Which indicates CRYPT_E_INVALID_MSG_TYPE.

Looking in the help files. I have noticed that they say signedAndEnveloped
is not implemented yet.
How did you get around this problem using the Simplified Message functions.
I don't want to do low level ASN1 parsing if i don't have to.

Also, I have received messages from others indicating that they have S/MIME
compliant software using
capi, how did they decode this message type.

I am running Windows NT 4.0, with the latest SP3and the latest IE 4.0.

Can someone shed some light on this issue.

--
Terry Harding
Security Group - Interoperability Testing