List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Session key size in Simplified Messaging]
From:       Eric Klein <erick () SOFTSHARE ! COM>
Date:       1997-10-28 3:47:27

Ahh.

I was wondering if that might not be the case after all. I had
attended a conference several years ago where export
control laws were discussed, and it was said in no uncertain
terms that any coded communications outside of the US
was a violation of US export law. However, in light of the fact that it
is legal to send 40-bit (obviously since the software is exportable),
out of the US, I wondered if my information might be outdated, or
simply incorrect.

Do you know of anywhere that I could look to find more info on
crypto export law outside of the software shipping end of things?

Thank you very much.

Eric Klein
Softshare
erick@softshare.com