List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: NTE_KEYSET_ENTRY_BAD problem
From:       Jeff Spelman <jeffspel () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1997-07-30 20:49:30

Patrick
   Essentially the bug will happen on any version, not only French,
which has the locale set to France.  The reason for the bug is that due
to French import laws when the locale is set to France CryptoAPI
behaviour is different, CryptEncrypt and CryptDecrypt are different.
This check caused a bug in the encryption of private keys in the
registry, thus on the next CryptAcquireContext, the keys are not
decrypted properly and a failure occurs.

Thanks, Jeff