List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: simple key blob format for DES keys
From:       Jeff Spelman <jeffspel () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1997-05-14 15:31:33

Robert
    I believe you asked this question earlier and I guess I forgot to
answer it, I apologize for that.  The simple blob format for DES and
3DES is as defined in the documentation.  PKCS #1 type 2 formatting is
used.  These blobs are a little different than the example in the
documentation because for DES 8 bytes of key material are used (so
parity bits are included) and for 3DES either 16 bytes (two key) or 24
bytes (three key) of key material are present.

Thanks, Jeff