List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    DecodeObject parameters
From:       John Roper-Lindsay <100242.3450 () COMPUSERVE ! COM>
Date:       1997-01-31 21:44:21

I'm trying to decode an X509 certificate, using the CAPI 2.0 routines. To
do this I need to use DecodeObject on some of the blobs, but the
documentation isn't complete for these in the file EncDec.Doc (specifically
the lpszStructureType values I insert to decode a NAME_BLOB, for example).
On cruising through WINCRYPT.H, I also noticed a number of undocumented
routines which may also be of use, such as CertDecode, and CertDecodeName,
but because there is no documentation on these, I am not sure whether (or
how) to use them.

So,
1) Is there more complete documentation anywhere on DecodeObject and the
like?
2) Are CertDecode, CertDecodeName, etc. supposed to be used by API
developers, or are they for internal use by other CAPI routines only (such
as DecodeObject).

Thanks in Advance....
John Roper-Lindsay