List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Installation of Crypto API broken
From:       Jeff Spelman <jeffspel () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1997-01-20 17:53:45

Trevor
     I believe your problem is you are using an api.exe which is
incompatible with the SP2 rsabase.dll which has been installed on your
machine.  The failure is because the api.exe you have does not know of
any valid parameters for CryptSetProvParam, but in NT 4.0 Service Pack
#2 the PP_KEYSET_SEC_DESCR was added.

However, none of this should prevent you from doing any code signing.
In other words, I believe your rsabase.dll is fine and Crypto API is
most likely working.  You probably have some other problem.

Jeff