List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Disconnect CAPI 2.0 examples and documentation
From:       Susan Chapin <schapin () MITRE ! ORG>
Date:       1996-10-22 19:01:14

I am still trying to get a handle on how certificates are stored using CAPI 2.0.  The \
code, documentation, and examples I received in early September at the SDR don't seem \
to match;  at least, the tstore.cpp example refers to WinGetSystemCertificateStore(), \
which my wincrypt.h #defines to CertOpenSystemStoreW, neither of which (nor anything \
else containing the string "SystemStore") appear in the Reference Manual.

What is this system certificate store?  Tstore.cpp usage() expects me to pass a \
filename in with the -s  (system store) option, so it is apparently not a hidden \
capability of the base provider.  Anyone know?

Thank you,

- Susan Chapin (schapin@mitre.org)
(All statements above are my very own and are not approved by or necessarily even \
known to my employer).