List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Quoted headers
From:       "Rene Schuchter (RhoTech)" <a-renes () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1996-09-23 12:22:22

A message posted to this list will automatically be rejected by the list
server if it contains a quoted header which explicitly references this
list by it's full address.

In order to avoid having this message be rejected by the server because
of the quoted header examples below, I have substituted ":" (semi-colon)
for "." (period) in the header addresses. I'm doing the address
substitutions here in order to simulate as closely as possible quoted
headers that cause postings to be rejected. See instructions below for
preferred methods of reformatting quoted headers.

In this first example, "CryptoAPI@LISTSERV.MSN.COM" is an explicit
reference to the CryptoAPI list. If that quoted header was included in a
message posted to the CryptoAPI list, the message would be rejected by
the list server as a possible mail loop error.

> From: John Doe <jdoe@xyzcorp.com>
> To: CryptoAPI@LISTSERV:MSN:COM
> Subject: How do I access the ABC interface?
> Date: Wednesday, August 21, 1996 3:17 PM

Another example of an explicit reference in a quoted header would be: