List:       ms-cifs
Subject:    Re: Issue with netshareenum handshaking
From:       "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh () NTS ! UMN ! EDU>
Date:       2004-03-25 17:53:39

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:18:24PM -0500, Michael B Allen wrote:
> Christopher R. Hertel said:
> > Yes.  ...but jCIFS was creating it's own TCP connection.  The thing that
> > is torquing my brain here is the question of whether or not a second
> > SessionSetupAndX with VC=0 on *an existing TCP connection* will close that
> > same connection.
>
> No. It won't. Otherwise jCIFS would not have worked back when we used
> VC=0. We always supported and tested multiple sessions over the same
> transport.

Good point.

Still, that was before XP.  I'm still trying to understand some of the
information I've received (and I don't yet have an XP license so I can't
play).  :(

Chris -)-----

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"   ISBN: 013047116X