List:       ms-cifs
Subject:    Re: t2_SessionSetup definition/specs?
From:       Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl () SAMBA ! ORG>
Date:       1999-10-13 18:27:59

hi,

first you must negotiate CAP_EXTENDED_SECURITY.  then you will see, as per
expired draft-cifs spec:

- SMBsessionsetupXs with 10 words instead of 13 and
STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED or ERRmoredata.

- security blobs with SPNEGO (rfc2478.txt)

- SPNEGO negotiating NTLM (see samba source) or Kerberos (rfc1510.txt)

luke.

p.s this information has been discussed / mentioned at various cifs
conferences, i had just forgotten it and had to be reminded.